At Zest Living, we’re always looking to recruit caring, professional Personal Assistants with experience in the healthcare sector. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and be a very good listener. Being chatty also helps given the importance of companionship in this role. For this role it is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence with access to a car.
As a professional Personal Assistant, you will support a small number of retirees to continue to live in their own home by helping them with tasks to maintain their health and well-being. We provide visits for a minimum one hour, and often longer, to ensure you have the time to build meaningful relationships with your clients.
As a Personal Assistant, your duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing company and companionship
- Supporting clients with personal care, such as getting up, washing, dressing and continence
- Helping with mobility
- Administering medication
- Light housekeeping such as cleaning, cooking, laundry and gardening
- Preparing and cooking healthy meals
- Accompanying clients to appointments and social outings
- Supporting clients to pursue their hobbies, interests and social activities
- Caring for specialist conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s, stroke and other conditions
As this role is highly specialised, we compensate our Personal Assistants with a generous rate of pay.
All staff are required to complete an Enhanced DBS Check.
All Personal Assistants are required to dress in smart uniform attire and carry ID badges at all times to give our clients peace of mind.
Two years experience in the healthcare industry is required.
Contact us today if you’re interested in joining the Zest Living team.